Mayfield House provides residential care and dementia care for older people who can no longer live within their own home. Registered for 51 residents, Mayfield House is modern and purpose built care home arranged on two floors.
Our Lavender Wing caters for 28 elderly frail residents. There is a spacious and comfortable TV lounge with a centrally heated conservatory overlooking attractive gardens.
The Magnolia Wing is dedicated to the care of 23 residents with dementia type illness. The light and airy lounge is well furnished, attractively decorated and is a safe and secure environment. With a centrally heated conservatory, the residents can enjoy the gardens and birds even on the coldest of days.
Our quiet room is a delightful and comfortable conservatory that is available for private family visits. This can be accessed from the Magnolia Wing or by a short walk from the main entrance. Our quiet room is available for Sunday lunches, special occasions and private visits on request.
The environment is relaxed, safe and comfortable for our residents. We encourage residents to bring their own small pieces of furniture and pictures and ornaments to help their bedrooms feel personal.
Friends and family are free to visit whenever they wish and refreshments made available. All food is home cooked with a good choice of food to cater for all tastes. Our chefs take great pride in their cooking and baking skills.
Remaining active is important to us all and our care planning focuses on living as full a life as possible. Our activity and entertainment programme is designed to meet the needs, hobbies and particular interests of the residents. Our team of highly skilled and attentive staff focus on the personal needs of the ladies and gentlemen who live here with us, creating a uniquely tailored care plan which is reviewed each month.
All bedrooms well proportioned, attractively decorated and have en-suite facilities. Most are single occupancy and some with views overlooking the lovely gardens. There are 6 spacious double bedrooms available which are extremely popular.
Our fees vary according to a number of factors and we always aim to offer the highest possible standard of care at a reasonable price.
The beliefs and religious needs of residents are respected and every effort made to enable residents to practice within their chosen faith.
The home is well situated within the community within easy reach of Crewe and Nantwich.
Types of Care
Amenities on site
- Full 24 hour support
- Attractive lounges with TV & DVD
- Cinema Room
- The Queens Arms Pub
- Relaxed and modern dining rooms
- Choice of menu, home cooked food
- Special dietary requirements catered for
- Landscaped and sensory gardens
- Patio terrace
- Regular activities/entertainment
- Quiet area for residents and visitors
- Hairdressing salon
- Internet access/wi-fi
- 6 bathrooms equipped for assisted bathing
- Own GP (if wished), local GP practices and community nursing services
- No smoking policy but there is a covered smoking area for residents in the garden
- Personalised bedrooms with en-suite facilities
- Staff call bell system
- Rooms available with garden views
- Some double rooms available
- TV point
- Disabled en-suite facilities
- Disabled wc/facilities
- Disabled parking
- Lifting and handling equipment
- Step-free access
- Wheelchair access within home
- Occupational therapy
- Visiting and reasonably priced hairdresser
- Regular clergy visits
- Personal shopping – shopping is generally carried out by staff but we can arrange for shopping trips
- Occasional in-house shops
- Accompanied transportation to hospital by prior arrangement (chargeable)
- Personal toiletries (we can arrange for these to be purchased on your behalf)
- Newspapers and magazines can be ordered
I am writing to say thank you for the brilliant care my mum received from everyone at Mayfield House.