Samuel Hobson House
Samuel Hobson House provides the very best in 24 hour care for people over the age of 55. Registered for 39 residents, Samuel Hobson House is a modern, purpose built care home arranged on three floors.
Our conscientious care planning focuses on remaining healthy, active and living as full a life as possible. Our activity and entertainment programme is designed to meet hobbies and particular interests of our residents. We aim for our residents to be stimulated, have fun and enjoy social interaction.
Our team of highly skilled and attentive staff focus on all the needs of the ladies and gentlemen who live here with us, creating a personalised care plan that is reviewed each month.
All bedrooms are single occupancy with en-suite facilities and television points. The rooms are well proportioned, attractively decorated with some overlooking the lovely gardens.
We aim for a relaxed, safe and comfortable environment. Friends and family are free to visit any time they wish.
Our fees vary according to a number of factors and we always aim to offer the highest possible standard of care at a reasonable price.
The beliefs and religious needs of residents are respected and every effort made to enable residents to practice within their chosen faith.
The home is conveniently situated within walking distance of the local shops. Wolstanton Cricket Club and bowling green are just a stone’s throw away.
Amenities on site
- Full 24 hour support
- Attractive lounges with TV & DVD
- Relaxed and modern dining rooms
- Choice of menu, home cooked food
- Special dietary requirements catered for
- Landscaped and sensory gardens
- Patio terrace
- Regular activities/entertainment
- Quiet area for residents and visitors
- Hairdressing salon
- Internet access/wi-fi
- 6 bathrooms equipped for assisted bathing
- Own GP (if wished), local GP practices and community nursing services
- No smoking policy but there is a covered smoking area for residents in the garden
- Personalised bedrooms with en-suite facilities
- Staff call bell system
- Rooms available with garden views
- Some double rooms available
- TV point
- Disabled en-suite facilities
- Disabled wc/facilities
- Disabled parking
- Lifting and handling equipment
- Step-free access
- Wheelchair access within home
- Occupational therapy
- Visiting and reasonably priced hairdresser
- Regular clergy visits
- Personal shopping – shopping is generally carried out by staff but we can arrange for shopping trips
- Occasional in-house shops
- Accompanied transportation to hospital by prior arrangement (chargeable)
- Personal toiletries (we can arrange for these to be purchased on your behalf)
- Newspapers and magazines can be ordered